Sometimes I call these hobbyhorse poses. They’re the ones that are most beneficial for me to do every day. That doesn’t mean I do them every day. Everyone’s bread and butter poses are different, although some remain the same.
- Supta Padangusthasana (reclining big toe pose), for hips, hamstrings, and adductors
- Parighasana (gate latch pose), for adductors and intercostals
- Paripurna Navasana and Ardha Navasana (full and half boat pose), for abs
- Urdhva Prasarita Padasana (leg lift), for abs
- Upavista Konasana (seated wide angle pose), for everything
- Viparita Karani (legs up the wall) for asthma, digestion, restoration, and more
- Plenty of others
- Tadasana (mountain pose)
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (downward facing dog)
- Savasana (corpse pose). I’m so well-trained by my teachers that I never skip this. Amazing!
If I have any readers out there, I’d like to know what yours are.